Now that I no longer believe in a supernatural God-man to save the souls from eternal damnation nor to set people free from addiction and oppression, I have cast my vision horizontally to look to ourselves for our freedom, for our salvation.
I didn’t even do this consciously. It just sort of happened as I left theism. Upon reflection, I think that explains a lot of my new passions (some of which I had as a believer, but now with a greater vigor and sense of urgency):
- Solving human tragedy issues like poverty, trafficking, hunger, water, disease, education, and war in holistic, sustainable ways.
- Ethical treatment of ALL life, including animals, the environment, and ecosystems.
- I am against any law, practice, or even opinion that causes harm to another human.
- Socially and worldwide, though the solutions must be holistic and sustainable.
- Healthy living for all and making healthy choices more accessible. Extends both the quality and quantity of life.
- Attachment Parenting (I believe nonAP practices are harmful to children)
- I actually prefer the description of Gender Equality or label Egalitarian. (I believe sexism harms both genders).
- I now hate all war. (Does this even need an explanation for harm?) I know there is so much I don’t understand about diplomacy, but I think there are better ways to solve things than having a bunch of people kill a bunch of other people because their leaders ask them too.
- (Despite argument for freedom for women’s bodies, I believe a fetus is its own human.)
- The objective, scientific pursuit of truth through gathering and evaluating evidence unbiasedly.
- Sharing ideas, spreading knowledge, and accessible education